International freshmen can ask for the pick-up service when it is the first time for them to come to Taiwan, but it is only available when they are at Taoyuan International Airport. And they should follow the instruction by the staff from the Office of the International and Cross-Strait Association. Plus, they should pay for their transportation.
Travel by railway
- Purchasing the ticket at the ticket booth. The travel time on the Express Train is roughly 37 minutes and on the Commuter Train around 50 minutes. A one-way ticket costs NT$150.
- Terminal 1: The MRT transfer area is located on B1, A12 platform. And, Terminal 2: The MRT transfer area is located on B2, A13 platform.
2. After arriving Taipei Main Station, traveling to Hualien Station by train.
- Purchasing and collecting train ticket : Tickets can be purchased online on the Taiwan Railway Administration English Online Payment System. Or you may purchase a ticket at vending machines or the ticket booth on the first floor of Taipei Main Station.
- Make your way to the platform area located on B1 of Taipei Main Station, or you may ask the staff for help.
3. After arriving in Hualien Station, traveling to the University by taxi or Hualien bus.
- It takes 10 to 20 minutes from the station when you come by taxi, costing roughly NT$150–200.
- Hualien Bus No. 305 is available outside of Hualien Station. The bus runs to Shuiyuan Village, passing by the University. Or Bus No. 306 which is to Tzu Chi University of Science and Technology. The fare is NT$25. For timetables and announcements, please refer to the ROPO Bus Website.
- When you leave the Hualien Station, you may walk along Guolian 1st Rd. to the Zhongshan Rd., and turn right and take the unerpass then keep walking along Zhongshan Rd. until you are on Sec. 4, Zhongshan Rd., then please turn left and keep walk along until you are on Sec. 2, Jianguo Rd., please turn right and keep walk along. Then you may arrive Tzu Chi University of Science and Technology.
Travel by plane
You can take the domestic flight from Taipei Songshan Airport, Taizhong Airport as well as Kaoxiong Airport to Hualien Airport. And you may take taxi to Tzu Chi University of Science and Technology which cost you around NTD$250.