*International freshmen should keep their money carefully before set up a bank account in Taiwan, or ask the Accounting Office to keep it for them.
For those who are age of 20 or more, they can freely open an account at any bank they want, apply for an ATM card, or even a credit card as long as you have a guarantor and meet the bank's financial auditing standards. For those who are under the age of 20, they only can open a bank account at Chunghwa Post and get a Visa Debit.
To open a bank account, student must prepare:
- A valid passport
- Alien Resident Certificate (ARC)
- Student ID card
- A corresponding name chop
- Cash (Minimum: NTD$100 in Chunghwa Post and Hualien 2nd Credit Cooperative; NTD$1,000 in other banks).
Exchange Foreign Currency
Most banks offer foreign currency exchange services at reasonable rates.
The bank nearby
- Chunghwa Post No. 35, Sec. 1, Ji-an Rd., Yong-an Village, Ji-an Township, Hualien (03) 856-8217
- Hualien 2nd Credit Cooperative No.739, Jhongshan Rd., Hualien (03) 857-3661
- Taiwan Cooperative Bank No.371, Jhongshan Rd., Hualien (03) 835-0151
- CTBC Bank No.376, Jhongshan Rd., Hualien (03) 834-0566
- Mega International Commercial Bank No.26, Kung-yuan Rd., Hualien (03) 835-0191
- Bank Of Taiwan No.281, Linsen Rd., Hualien (03) 836-1163