Please all the international students pay attention of regulation of work permit!
International students who wish to work in Taiwan (both on- and off-campus) are required to apply for a work permit. Students hired without a valid work permit will be fined NTD$30,000 to NTD$150,000.
Currently, work permits are not granted to Mainland China students and junior-college students in their first three years.
Required Documents for Work Permit Application
Student ID card (both side should be scanned)
The Alien Resident Certificate (ARC)
Original copy of postal remittance receipt for processing fee (NT$100 per applicant) Applicants shall transfer the payment to the following details.
Account name: 行政院勞工委員會職業訓練局聘僱許可收費專戶
Account number: 19058848
Alternatively, applicants can visit the Workforce Development Agency and pay the processing fee directly at the counter. Download deposit slip.
Laws and Regulations: Validity Period, Penalties, and Work Visa Termination
International students who are studying in Taiwan must satisfy the international student criteria stipulated in the International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan.
- International students who come to Taiwan to study in the formal academic system can apply to the institution after enrollment. However, international students who come to Taiwan to study a language course must study for more than 1 year before application.
- The maximum validity of the work permit is 6 months.
- Application for the first semester is valid until March 31 in the following year. Work permits applied for the second semester is valid until the September 30 of the same year.
- The work permit for graduation students is valid until June 30.
- Excluding summer and winter vacations, work permit holders may only work for a maximum of 20 hours per week.
- If it does not meet the requirements of the preceding paragraph, the work permit shall be terminated by the Workforce Development Agency.
- Employed students without a valid work permit will be fined NTD$30,000 to NTD$150,000 in accordance with the regulations stipulated in the Employment.
- International students should return the work permit to the Office of International and Cross-Strait Education because of suspension or withdrawal.
- For more information, please refer to the Workforce Development Agency of the Ministry of Labor for further information.
- Webpage: http://ezworktaiwan.wda.gov.tw/
- Address: 10F., No. 39, Sec. 1, Zhonghua Rd., Zhongzheng Dist., Taipei City 100, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
- Phone No.: (02)2380-1712, 2380-1725
- Working hours: 08:30 am-12:30 pm; 1:30 pm-5:30 pm on Monday to Friday
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any enquiries, you can also contact the Office of International and Cross-Strait Education.
Phone Number: 03-857-2158 #2221