Please all the international students pay attention of regulation of work permit!
International students who wish to work in Taiwan (both on- and off-campus) are required to apply for a work permit. Students hired without a valid work permit will be fined NTD$30,000 to NTD$150,000.
Currently, work permits are not granted to Mainland China students and junior-college students in their first three years.
Required Documents for Work Permit Application:
Student ID card (both side should be scanned)
The Alien Resident Certificate (ARC)
- Original copy of postal remittance receipt for processing fee (NT$100 per applicant) Applicants shall transfer the payment to the following details.
- Account name:行政院勞工委員會職業訓練局聘僱許可收費專戶
- Account number: 19058848
- Alternatively, applicants can visit the Workforce Development Agency and pay the processing fee directly at the counter. Downloaddeposit slip.
Manual for online application
Laws and Regulations: Validity Period, Penalties, and Work Visa Termination
Internationalstudents who are studying in Taiwan must satisfy the international student criteria stipulated in the International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan.
- International students who come to Taiwan to study in the formal academic system can apply to the institution after enrollment.However, internationalstudents who come to Taiwan to study a language course must study for more than 1 year before application.
- The maximum validity of the work permit is 6 months.
- Applicationfor the first semester is valid until March 31 in the following year. Work permits applied for the second semester is valid until the September 30 of the same year.
- The work permit for graduation students is valid until June 30.
- Excluding summer and winter vacations, work permit holders may only work for a maximum of 20 hours per week.
- If it does not meet the requirements of the preceding paragraph, the work permit shall be terminated by the Workforce Development Agency.
- Employed students without a valid work permit will be fined NTD$30,000 to NTD$150,000 in accordance with the regulations stipulated in the Employment.
- International students should return the work permit to the Office of International and Cross-Strait Education because of suspension or withdrawal.
- For more information, please refer totheWorkforce Development Agency of the Ministry of Laborfor further information.
- Address: 10F., No. 39, Sec. 1, Zhonghua Rd., Zhongzheng Dist., Taipei City 100, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
- Phone No.: (02)2380-1712, 2380-1725
- Working hours: 08:30 am-12:30 pm; 1:30 pm-5:30 pm on Monday to Friday
- Email: email@example.com