Residence permit application and extension / entry and exit
The first time to apply for multiple entry and exit permits (unified delivery of this group)
- Fill in the application for land entry and exit , one photo
- Proof of study (apply from registration group) or student ID (covered by semester registration stamp)
- The travel document in the mainland area is in the form of a photocopy (original will return)
- The original of physical examination certificate (the physical examination certificate issued by the domestic hospital designated for the foreigner's medical examination)
- Return the original single entry and exit permit
- Power of attorney
- License fee NT$1,000
During the audit period: 5 working days (excluding national holidays and holidays, such as refund (complement), recalculated during the audit).
Multiple entry and exit permit extensions
(starting within 3 months before expiration, handle personally)
- 1.Fill in the entry and exit permit extension, signing and renewal application
- 2.Proof of study (application for registration within the country)
- 3.The original and copy of the travel documents in the mainland (returned after the original test)
- 4.If your passport is a paper electronic multiple entry and exit permit, return the original copy of the original multiple electronic entry and exit permit
- 5.The school agrees a consent form for the extension of the issue (when leaving the country during the summer vacation and the residence permit expires during the exit period, the consent form must be prepared)
- 6.License fee NT$300
Time required for review: approximately half of working day
Multiple entry and exit permits are lost or damaged (Handle personally)
- 1.Write a land entry and exit application , one photo
- 2.Damaged documents or lost instructions (school documents)
- 3.Proof of study (apply from registration group) or student ID (covered by the semester registration stamp)
- 4.Reissue fee: NT$1,000
Special Note: If the residence permit expiration date happens to coincide with Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays or other rest days, the deadline for applying for extension is:
Due on Saturday: Before 12 noon on Monday
Due on Sunday: Monday working hours
For national holidays or other rest days: The next day (every other day)
Data change (Handle personally)
Students from mainland China who have changed their address or school should go to the immigration service station to register for change within 15 days from the day following the fact.
Documents should be prepared and completed:
- Error correction table
- House contract or proof of accommodation
- Original and multiple copies of multiple entry and exit permits
- A copy of the mainland resident ID card or the original travel document of the mainland area and photocopy
- Student ID (the registration must be completed during the semester) or proof of attendance (apply from registration group)
Graduation, suspension, dropout, change or loss of student status (Handle personally)
Within 10 days of the deadline: Except for other persons who can stay or reside in Taiwan and have permission from the Immigration Agency, within 10 days from the effective date of the entry into force, the following documents should be prepared to the Immigration Agency to apply for a single exit permit and Departure within 10 days from the next day of certification.
Documents should be prepared and completed:
- Entry and exit permit extension , application for renewal of visa , one photo
- Hugh (return) certificate, diploma
- The original (multiple) secondary entry and exit permit will be returned.
- Fees: There is no signature for the original check-in and exit permit. If you apply for a single exit permit, you must pay NT$300. The original one-time plus entry and exit permit are signed and not required to be paid.
1. According to Articles 11 and 21 of the Measures for People from Mainland China to Study in Taiwan Colleges or above, Article 17 and Article 18 of the Act Governing Relations between the People of the Taiwan Area and the Mainland Area.
2. Handling principles:
(1) According to Article 11 of the Measures for People from Mainland China to come to Taiwan to attend colleges or above, people from Mainland China apply to come to Taiwan to study, or apply for entry after admission to the school. In one of the following circumstances, the license may not be granted; Or abolish it:
A. Participate in violence, terrorist organizations or their activities.
B. There is a major suspicion of civil sin and external crimes.
C. Suspected of a major crime or criminal habit in Taiwan.
D. The administrative, military, party, or other public service agencies in the mainland are current employed.
E. Article 18, paragraph 1 of the Regulations on Relations between the People of Taiwan and the Mainland:
(a) Entry without permission.
(b) With the permission to enter the country, the time limit for staying and staying has expired.
(c) Engaging or working in activities that are inconsistent with the purpose of the license.
(d) There are facts that are considered to be criminal acts.
(e) There are facts that are considered to be harmful to national security or social stability.
(f) Violation of other laws and regulations.
(2) The law of territory violates and should be dealt with according to relevant regulations. For example, if the violation of the provisions of Article 18, paragraph 1 of the Act Governing Relations between the People of the Taiwan Area and the Mainland Area, the security organ may be forced to leave the country, but if the case involved has entered the judicial process, it shall first be approved by the judicial organ.
(3) Those who violate the provisions of Article 18, paragraph 1 of the Act Governing Relations between the People of the Taiwan Area and the Mainland Area, from the date of leaving the country, the period of non-permitted period is 2 to 5 years; the crime of civil strife and major crimes are suspected. In the case of suspected major crimes or criminal habits in Taiwan, the period of non-permission is 1 to 3 years.
If the international students stay in Taiwan longer than the required time, they should exit Taiwan and entry again, and submit the required document to the relevant department to apply for resident.
If the overdue residence is on Sunday, national holiday or rest day on the 29th, it shall be re-applied for residence on the next business day, and the penalty shall be calculated on the 29th.
Those who meet the Saturday on the 29th day of overdue residence shall apply for residence again on the morning of the following Monday.
On the 30th day of overstaying, although he/she is still in school, he/she must leave the office within 7 days after paying the fine. The school official documents will be re-applied to the exit permit to attend school.
4. Penalty regulations
- Those who are overdue for 10 days or less will be fined NT$2,000.
- Those who are overdue for more than 11 days and less than 30 days shall be fined NT$4,000.
- Those who are overdue for more than 31 days and less than 60 days shall be fined NT$6,000.
- Those who are overdue for more than 61 days and less than 90 days shall be fined NT$8,000.
- Those who are overdue for more than 91 days shall be fined NT$10,000.
- Those who are under 14 years of age are not penalized; those who are 14 years of age and under 18 years of age are halved.
- According to the source of the law: the Immigration Department of the Ministry of the Interior , the National College of College and University
Please go to the Immigration Agency Hualien Service Center
Hualien Service Center, Ministry of the Interior National Immigration Agency Republic of China（Taiwan）
- Address: 5F, No. 371, Zhongshan Road, Hualien City, Hualien County
- Counter reception service time: 8 a.m.to 5 p.m. from Monday to Friday
- Tel: 03-8329700, 03-8330007, 03-8332101, 03-8332103