We are pleased to have you as a student of TCUST. In order to make your enrolment as trouble-free as possible, please read this leaflet carefully, start your preparations early, and contact us as soon as possible if you have any queries.
- Registration procedures
1.1 Check in and fill in the registration forms.
1.2 Submit all the required documents as follows.
1.An enrolment ID package (for 2x2-inch passport photos*6 with the name, department, and student ID number written on the back)
3.Diploma and official transcript (As for the STPM, SPM, or Unified Exam Certificate, authentication is not required while other documents have to be authenticated by Taiwan Representative Office.)
Office of International and Cross-Strait Affairs
6.Proof of Financial support or statement that proves applicants’ financial capability to study in Taiwan
9. Letter of Attorney for the Alien Resident Certificate (ARC)*note 1
10.Application for entry and residence permit (for international students and overseas Chinese students); Application for entry and residence permit as well as prevenient for Hong Kong and Macau resident status (for Hong Kong and Macau students); Application form for entry and exit permit (for Mainland China students)
11.Two passport-size photo (size: at least 3.2cm from head to chin, with white background)
12. Original & a photocopy of passport
14.Exit & Entry permit (for Hong Kong, Macau, and Mainland China students)
15.Original and a photocopy of identity card (for Hong Kong and Macau students); original & a photocopy of Travel Documents (for Mainland China students)
16.Proof of medical examination requirements from the hospital (for Hong Kong, Macau, and Mainland China students)
Health care Center
20.Proof of medical examination requirements from the hospital (for international students and overseas Chinese students)
Dormitory Services Section
22.Application form for school dormitory
*Note 1: The residence permit must be processed within 30 days of entry (arriving in Taiwan), and the Office of International and Cross-Straits Association will collect the required documents and send it to the National Immigration Agency for processing. Review for at least 10 working days (excluding receipt date, official holidays, supplements, mailing time and police record transfer time).
*Note 2: The fee NT$1,000 for 1-year validity (for international students and Mainland China students); NT$500 for 1-year validity (for overseas Chinese students); NT$2,600 for three-year validity (for Hong Kong and Macau students)
- Dormitory is opened from 12pm on 11th February.
- Health check for freshman: it will be held by school and costs NT$850.
- Scholarship: https://ib.tcust.edu.tw/files/14-1034-43079,r667-1.php
- Insurance: Please refer to school website.
- Required documents for apply a bank account:
- The Alien Resident Certificate (ARC)
- Student ID card
- Seal (it must match the name on the ARC and it is not a continuous seal, a wood seal is appropriate)
- Money (At least NT$100)
- From Taoyuan International Airport to Tzu Chi University of Science and Technology:
- Please go to B1 for the bus to Taipei Main Station which costs NT$125.
- Or please go for airport MRT to Taipei Main Station which costs NT$150.
- When you are at Taipei Main Station, you can buy a train ticket to go to Hualien station which costs NT$340-NT$440 and take 2-4 hours.
- When you arrive Hualien station, please use the back door to leave the station and take the taxi to Tzu Chi University of Science and Technology which costs NT$150-200.
- School address: No.880, Sec. 2, Jianguo Rd., Hualien City, Hualien County 97005, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
- For any enquiries, please contact at +886 -3- 8572158,
- for registration, #2318 or #2366
- for school fee, #2736, #2229, #2322, or #2321
- for scholarship, #2342
- for accommodation, #2317 or #2741
- for school uniform, #2748, #2335 or #2580
- for health check, #2417, #2313, or #2362
- for clothing appearance, #2341, #2489 or #2490
- for any question about the scholarship or admission for international freshmen, #2221, #2479 or #2582