Application for suspension and schooling resumption
Suspension and Reentry of International Students
- Please see the Tzu Chi University of Science and Technology Student Status Regulations (hereafter referred to as Student Status Regulations) for additional details.
- International students should go to the Ministry of Immunity (MOI) to return the Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) with the students’ status and exit Taiwan within the required time after the suspension procedure. When they finish the suspension, they should apply for visa when they enter Taiwan again.
- Tzu Chi University of Science and Technology Application Form for Suspension (including the parent consent form) + Student Group Insurance Declaration Form (download)
- Students must obtain approval from their parents or guardians before apply for suspension and submit a printed application form for suspension personally or via proxy. After the application is approved, students should go to the Registration Division to finish the suspension procedure. (article 46 of the Student Status Regulations).
- The suspension period is calculated by semesters. The suspension periods may not be more than two academic years.
- Special conditions (Article 47 of the Student Status Regulations)
- Students who cannot complete or resume their studies process due to severe illness or other special circumstances may extend their suspension program for up to an academic year on a case-by-case basis.
- Military service enlistment periods are not accounted for in the maximum suspension period. Students shall apply for reentry by submitting military service discharge documents.
- The suspension period for students who are pregnant, have recently given birth, or are caring for children 3 years of age or younger is not accounted for in the suspension period limit. Extensions of the suspension period are considered according to each individual case.
- Continuation of suspension
- Suspended students must complete a leave of absence application before the semester starts to continue their suspension.
- Forced suspension (article 45 of the Student Status Regulations)
- Students whose days of absence since the first day of class reach one-third of the total number of course days during the semester.
- Students who are suspended following the decision of the Student Reward and Disciplinary Committee.
Reentry (according to article 50 of the Student Status Regulations)
- Tzu Chi University of Science and Technology Reentry Form (download)
- Students must complete the reentry process before the end of the suspension period. After the process is approved, applicants are placed in the group corresponding with their original academic year or semester prior to the suspension for continuation of study in their department (program). Furthermore, the course scores of students suspended during the semester do not include the student’s scores during the suspension period. Suspended students are placed in groups corresponding with their original academic year or semester after they resume their studies.