• Is there any delicious food near by school?

There are two convenience stores, breakfast shop beside our school. There are some restaurants and supermarket on the Chien-kuo Road.

  • Is there canteen in TCUST?

Sure, student canteen provide delicious vegetarian food. The breakfast is about NT$25, lunch and dinner cost NT$33 for each meal in school canteen.

  • What kind of the clothes should we bring?

Our students have to wear uniform during school time. The winter jacket and coat are included. You can bring some warm clothes and scarfs.

  • Do we need to buy the bedding before arrival?

International freshmen can order bedding pack online before arrival by filling out the form of Pickup Request and make payment at the OIA after arrival.

  • It any regulation for supplies purchase at dormitory?

The bed materials can only in single bed and light blue or plain color, other daily necessities do not have rule.

  •  How many people for roommate?

4 people in each room.

  • How much is the accommodation fee for one semester? When do we need to pay the fee?

Female: NT$5,000 Male: NT$6,500 the accommodation fee is included in the miscellaneous fee.

  • What can I do when the printer broken in the dorm?

You can ask the dorm keeper for help and then computer center will repair it.

  • Can we ship the luggage to the dormitory?

Sure, but the dormitory only provides you with some storage space temporarily. Do not ship anything valuable or fragile. And follow the instructions:
1. Fill the form (Click Here) and post it on the side of the box for quick retrieval.

2. Clam your luggage and pick it up at the recreation room after arrival.

  •  Do the hot water for female accommodation provide  on time ?

Heat pump system is used, if the hot water is empty then it will take much time to heat the water again, especially when the student use hot water to wash clothes.

  •  Is it time limitation for using the bathroom?

Student can use the first floor bathroom if the bathroom in each floor is insufficient.

  •  How to reach school after arriving Hualien?

Please refer to the Transport to TCUST.

  • How to apply the Taiwan number phone?

We suggest to apply this in the airport. Please refer to SIM Cards.

  • Apply for resident visa?

 For detail.

  • For Health Exam?

For detail.

Have to complete the 「Foreigner Health Exam 」which is included the X-ray and the blood test, in the governmental hospital or the designated hospital, for applying the visa. Then, passed it up to the Healthcare Center after opening school. (Except Hong Kong、 Macau and Mainland China student)

Hong Kong、 Macau and Mainland China student when arrived school, The Healthcare Center will arrange for a health exam at the designated hospital.

  • Apply for Alien Residence Certificate (ARC)?

For the first time, the freshman will be handled by the OICSE office. Afterwards, the extension of the ARC must be accompanied by the unified receipt time of the OICSE office. It’s not waiting overtime. If you are unable to cooperate, please make your own way to the National Immigration Agency at Hualien County Service Center Before the expiration of 30 days. If you lose your ARC, you should go to the National Immigration Agency at Hualien County Service Center by self.

For different nationalities, the documents and fees are different. Please refer to the Alien Residence Certificate (ARC). If you have any other questions, please contact the OICSE.

  • In high school eligibility to apply to study at, how to repair credit?

The form 5 graduated student have to study for extra 12 credit, almost 4-6 classes in 4years,total have to finish 140 credit for graduate.

  • What are the department in this school?

護理系Nursing Department

五年制護理科,可再讀2年二年制護理系Five-Year Junior College for Nursing Department, Two-Year Senior College

行銷與流通管理系Department of Marketing and Distribution Management

資訊科技與管理系 Information Technology and Management Department

醫務暨健康管理系Department of Health Administration

醫學影像暨放射科學系和放射醫學科學研究所 Department of Medical Imaging and Radiological Science

  • How much for the miscellaneous fee?

For the first semester, it costs NT 60,000-70,000. This included miscellaneous fee (45,000), female accommodation (5,000), male accommodation(6,500), uniform fee(8,000) and for book and bed set.
For the second semester, the fee will decrease about NT10,000. We suggested to get the second book from the senior and also the second hand uniform too.


  • Can we pay those fee by using card?

Cannot, but you can overseas transfer the money or bring the cash/ traveler’s cheque to Taiwan. Then exchange it here then pay the fee. The post office only provide the money exchange service for USD, HK, EUR, YEN and RENMINBI.

  • How to apply scholarship?

成績優秀新生入學獎助學金 Entrance Scholarships for Outstanding New Students

For details, please refer to the regulations and contact the Admissions Division at extensions 2728.

相關獎助生(公費)辦法 Publicly-funded Program

For application details, please refer to the regulation and contact the Office of Humanities 2476.

For the other scholarship, please contact the Student Activity Division 2397.

Public Scholarship for Overseas Chinese Students of Financial Difficulties、Merit Scholarship for Overseas Chinese Students,please contact the OICSE 2221.

For details,please refer Scholarships.

  •  Do there any ATM in school area ?

There is the ATM of the Hualien 2ND Credit Cooperation at the entrance of dormitory.
The ATM of CTBC bank is in 7-11 nearby our school and Taishin International Bank in Family-mart.

  • How to open/activate an account in financial institutions?

For those who is 20 or above can open an account in the bank or post-office. To whom have reach 20 years old can only open an account in post office then get a visa card. For detailed information, please refer to the website ‘Open Bank Account開設銀行帳戶

  •  Do the commodity price in Taiwan is higher than Malaysia? 

The commodity price in Hualien is medium, but the food price is higher than Malaysia.

  • How much of the stipends is enough for a month ?

Each person at least will spend NT$3,000-5,000 for a month.

  • When can I refund the National Health Insurance? 

According to law, you can apply for refund when you leave Taiwan more then 6 months.

  •  What should I prepare, if I want to transfer the department?

Regarding to the rules. student have to finish the application before the deadline.

  •  When is the dormitory curfew for the 4-years Bachelor student?

It will be dangerous to stay outside at night, because our school is located at the countryside. Students shall be back to dorm before 8.00pm every single Monday until Thursday, unless you have applied for studying in library or go to hospital. The curfew for the Friday until Sunday are at 10.30pm. Cherish the time to do the revision

  • Do we need to fill the application form to apply leave?

School authorities have the responsibility on taking care of the international students. If you are going to stay outside during the holiday, please provide the accurate address for emergency contact.

  • Where can I find out the details of the course selection procedure?

For course selection options and class timetable ,click here: http://linuxweb.tcust.edu.tw/st/tad/stQrySubj.php
For the course selection procedure, click here: https://linuxweb.tcust.edu.tw/st/nloginSt.php


  • Where can I print out my transcripts and proof of enrollment?

You can print it out by using the red machine (小紅機) next to the Office Of  Academic Affairs.

  • What should I do if I have lost my student ID?

If you have lost or damaged your student ID, please make an application for re-issuance at the Registration Division.The reissue application procedure is stated as below:

(1) Apply at the School Information System/Registration Division/ Student ID reissue application.

(2) Make your payment for the new ID(Those who have applied for more than two times, has to pay the double amount of cost)

  • Where can I find part-time jobs in the campus?

An announcement regarding the quota of jobs will be posted by The Office of Student Affairs every semester. You can also go to School Information System/ Office of Student Affairs/Student Assistance/Part-time job selection/Part time jobs enquiry

If students want to work part time on the campus, do make a registration on the School Information System/ Office of Student Affairs/Student Assistance/Part-time job selection/ Application for working part time on campus.

  • What to do if I have lost my ARC/ passport ?

(1) When your passport has been lost, please make an legal proof and statement regarding lost or stolen passport at the Ministry of the Interior National Immigration Agency republic of China personally. The documents and information needed are stated below:

  1. Submit relevant identification documents other than the passport for inspection
  2. Two-inch half-length photo

(2) Search up documents needed for passport reissue and service hours from the website of Trade and Cultural Office related . The reissue application should be made at the related embassy office personally along with the documents needed as well as the statement regarding lost or stolen passport.

(3)After receiving your new passport, Do change your passport details at the service station and also make an application for re-issuance of re-entry permit

  • How to change my previous license into International driver's license?

You can apply for your International driver's license at the Motor Vehicle Drivers Information Service Center in Taipei.

  • Must I apply for National Health Insurance during the semester?

According to the [National Health Insurance Act, Article 9]: Those who have established a registered domicile in Taiwan for at least six months, can be beneficiaries for National health insurance.

  • Can I work in Taiwan after graduation?

After graduation, International students need to bring graduation certificate, ARC and passport to our National Immigration Agency (Hualien Service Center) to apply the ARC for seeding job in Taiwan.

University students only will be assessed based on eight criteria, including education, salary, work experience, Chinese and other language proficiency, background, and collaborative support for governmental industrial developmental policies, etc. The MOL will distribute employment permits to those who score above 70 points.

Nursing students need to pass the Professional and Technical Examination for Registered Professional Nurses so as to apply for working in Taiwan.