Graduation School Leaving
*After receiving the graduation certificates, graduates are to leave the dormitory before noon the next day.
*Graduates are advised to apply for the English version of the graduation certificate, as well as the transcipt of both Chinese and English language of the past semesters, as the procedures that are to be done after graduation is quite complicated and time-consuming.
Injury insurance for international graduates:
- Injury insurance is a one-time non-refundable payment.
Alien Resident Certificate (ARC), National Health Insurance (NHI) and Work Permit for international graduates:
|Departure||Working in Taiwan||Delayed Graduation||Further Studies|
Return to Ministry of Immigration or return when you exit Taiwan
Application document needed:
2. Graduation Certificate
4. Flight ticket
Students are required to place application for extended stay at the National Immigration Agency, MOI (Ministry of Immigration) IMMEDIATELY after graduation.
Application document needed:
1.2-inch photo (1)
2. Original + photocopy of passport
3. Original + photocopy of Graduation Certificate
4. Original + photocopy of ARC
5. Original + photocopy of lease contract
|NHI||Apply for refunds from school||The school authority handles the transfer of health insurance. After graduation, you must take the residence permit to the office (town, city, district) to apply for the transfer of health insurance. At the same time, health insurance premiums will be paid retrospectively when graduates have found a job.||The school authority will not handle the transfer of health insurance.||
|Refund of Health Insurance: Students who are not going to continue studying in our school will get their refund for July and August to the assigned bank account in August.|
|Work Permit||Once graduated, one will not be considered as a student, but a foreigner. Thus, the work permit that was applied as a student will not be valid anymore.|
(1)Students with overseas Chinese, Hong Kong, or Macau residence permits should submit their graduation certificates to the Ministry of Immigration to extend the residency period before the valid resident permit expires. Students may extend their residence by 6 months starting from the day after their valid residence permit expires. If necessary, students may apply to extend their residence permit for a second time. To assist international students with their employment search, students may extend their residence duration for a maximum of 1 year.
International graduates' departure
- The school will report the graduation upon distribution of graduation certificates, and the Alien Resident Certificate will be no longer available. International graduates who wish to re-enter Taiwan must re-apply for visas.
- Holders of Alien Resident Certificates : depart from Taiwan with their passports.
- Hong Kong and Macau international students holding a Taiwan Entry and Exit Permit : students must apply for a "single exit permit" from the Ministry of Immigration prior to departure and before the Taiwan Entry and Exit Permit expires.
- Mainland China students holding a Multiple Entry and Exit Permit : students must apply for a "single exit permit" from the Ministry of Immigration prior to departure and before the Multiple Entry and Exit Permit expires.
International graduates remaining in Taiwan for work
- For information on relevant procedures, qualifications and regulations, and required documents, please refer to the section on foreign graduates staying in Taiwan for work:
- Apply according to the Wages and Work Experience Qualifications (Graduates of the 5-year nursing course)
- Apply according to the New Scoring Criteria for Foreign and Overseas Chinese Students to Work in Taiwan
Work residence of international graduates
- International graduates should re-apply their alien resident certificates for working. Additionally, graduates should apply for work permits and employee certificates at the Ministry of Labor and submit these to the Ministry of Immigration to change their resident status to “employed.”